Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baby Needs a Dress

I don't know about you but I love to give and receive handmade gifts. It is true, they do take more time than going to a store and picking something out but I think they just show how much you care about someone when you take the time to make them something. It doesn't hurt either that I can usually make something for cheaper than I can buy it and it gives me an excuse to be creative. This weekend was one of those times when I needed a gift for a baby shower and I had been wanting an excuse to make this dress so off to Jo-ann's I went to find the perfect fabric for an Itty Bitty Baby dress and this is what I came up with.
As you can see I modified the pattern just a bit, I thought that the bows on the shoulders may be a bit uncomfortable for a little baby so I opted to cut off one of the flaps from the front of the dress and add buttons and button holes to the back flaps. This dress is quite easy to sew and only took about an hour from start to finish. I will definitely be making this dress again, maybe for my own little girl who isn't so little anymore. Stay tuned because this little number also has a cute little hat to go with it, more on that in the next post.


2 comments:

  1. very cute itty bitty dress, love that pattern! I have been sitting on the fabric for so long, assuming I was going to make some circle skirts for Momma with it - but never did get around to that. Maybe after the baby is born :)

    ReplyDelete